With 30 years’ experience, Surf Loch is the pioneer and world leader in wave generating technologies.
Surf Loch’s Wave Science replicates the ocean’s natural wave creation process by using continuous mono-directional wind, i.e. fetch, to create authentic ocean surfing waves and swell patterns within a condensed footprint. Surf Loch mimics this wave creation process by using a combination of vacuum and pressure via large fans (blowers) to create “wind” within custom designed caissons (concrete chambers) where a “pull-push” action is applied by elevating the water to create the wave trough, then pushing the water down to create the wave crest.
An opening in the bottom of each independently powered caisson allows the wave energy pulse to be released and delivered into open water. The newly generated wave energy motion or swell then propagates forward and breaks over custom designed padded reefs (aka bottom contours) that are specifically sized/shaped to create a perfectly peeling, ocean quality, high performance barreling waves.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
PNEUMATIC TECHNOLOGY BENEFITS
- 40 years of proven commecial use reliability
- High wave frequency wave production potential – seconds vs minutes
- Customizable wave size, shape, and performance to accommodate all skill levels within a single footprint
- NO UNDERWATER MOVING PARTS
- OEM Spare Parts for fast, easy and affordable repairs and maintenance
- Successfully replicates “real” world-class ocean waves for an authentic surfing experience
CUSTOMIZABLE WAVE FREQUENCY
- Proprietary wave-generating software allows for total wave frequency customization.
- Greater frequency = greater rider throughput = maximum revenue potential.
- Understanding the science of waves allows Surf Loch’s hydrodynamic computer and physical modeling systems to validate and enable customization to each unique customer location.
WATER SURFACE SMOOTHING
- Contrary to traditional waterpark wave pools, which produce random chop and reflecting waves, a surfing pool is a closed system that inherently reflects any wave action off enclosure walls.
- Surf Loch’s proprietary dampening systems eliminates adverse surface chop and rip currents while facilitating perfect wave formation and progressive breaking at multiple points down the length of the pool.
- Our Wave output and ride count are maximized through strategic reef configurations—capable of producing multiple, 10 second long rides to simultaneously accommodate numerous surfers, each on their own wave.
PROVEN ECONOMIC RETURN
- As an operator, Surf Loch understands that stable financial return is not only a function of revenue generated from the attraction, but factors in the attraction’s ability to hold a crowd and create ancillary food, beverage, and retail income, as well as hospitality room and real estate value.
- Surf Loch, through its affiliated company Wave House, has a proven track record in operating wave attractions and has a verifiable database of
historical financial performance to offer real-world economic feasibility comparables applicable to your site.
ENHANCED ENERGY EFFICIENCY
- Energy usage is optimized through multiple reef design, the use of natural gas, and technology enhancements to power systems.
SurfLoch WaveSystems™ are available in three different types of Aquatic Systems to match your venue.
- SurfLoch SurfPool® – Pool water. Meets filtration and chemical pool standards recommended by the USA’s Model Aquatic Health Code.
- SurfLoch SurfLake™ – Fresh water. Some filtration and chemical balancing, similar to being in a clean, clear, fresh water lake.
- SurfLoch SurfLagoon™ – Salt water. Salinated and filtered water, similar to being in clean, clear, tropical ocean waters.
Surf Loch – Pioneers Of Wave Craft