The Step-Up Series
The SurfLoch Step-Up Series enables guests to learn, practice and improve skills just like they were surfing in the ocean. The Step-Up Series is an all-level surfing attraction where the guest surfs left or right on an angled, progressing wave that moves laterally toward the beach. The Step-Up SurfPool™ has separate areas allowing family-friendly waves for bathers, or surfing waves for surfers.
To check out all of your options, see our Learn-To-Surf Series, and our Pro Series, too.
STEP-UP SERIES BASICS:
• Skill level: Beginner to intermediate
• Ability to surf left or right
• Variable footprint options
• Can be operated as surfing attraction or as family-friendly swimming pool
STEP-UP SERIES SPECIFICATIONS
• Minimum Area Required: 1,120 square meters = 12,000 square feet
• Wave Height/Size: 1.1m to 1.5m = 3.6ft to 5ft
• Wave Type: Fun open face, spilling, moderate speed, potential barrel/tube section
• Wave Direction: Left, Right, or A-frame (both left & right)
• Riders per Wave: Single Break = 1 – 2, Double Break = 1 – 4
• Surfing Skill Level: Beginner to Intermediate